Saturday, July 24, 2010

Healing Power

I have a natural aversion to spending, because I feel that I have worked hard to get what I have. When I do spend, I expect to get my money's worth. What this means in practice is that while leveling, I do not usually enchant my gear.

My logic is that the gear will be replaced soon, and I feel that I can fully pull my weight in a 5 man group without enchants. (I do put uncommon quality northrend gems in sockets once I hit Outland, but that is slightly off topic.) When I spend, I want to spend on durable goods that will perform their function for a long time. I would certainly enchant a twink character if I had one, as a twink's enchant would be considered durable. This mindset, wrong or right, has led me to miss out on a great market until recently.

I'm sure you've heard the story of the two miners, one filthy and one clean. At the end of the work day, the clean one went home and washed his face, while the filthy one did not. The reason: each had seen the other, and assumed that he must be the same. The point is that I assumed that nobody else enchanted their gear while leveling, because I don't.

I figured only chest and weapon enchants would sell, as these are the only enchants that will last the entire time a character is leveling. Either I was wrong about enchanting leveling gear or there are plenty of twinks on my server, because these boot, shield, and bracer enchants have all been selling for between 25 and 50 gold.

Based on my success with Greater Stamina Enchants, I did a wowhead search for Illusion Dust and clicked the "reagent for" tab. There I discovered Formula: Enchant Bracer - Healing Power. I'm now off to raise my argent dawn reputation so I can add this little beauty to my auction house arsenal.

No comments:

Post a Comment